Friday, March 27, 2009

Men be MEN already! Pt. 1

I am not one to run around pushing my beliefs on everyone and generally keep my religious beliefs to myself. In fact, the unspoken rule I have lived by is 'Live and Let Live'. However, I now believe that this needs to change as I watch my country take a major change in direction for the worst over the last decade.

Consider that in the last decade we have had a major attack on our shores (9-11), made a preemptive strike on two countries, chased anything resembling God out of our schools, government and businesses and taken on this ridiculous mantle of 'Political Correctness'. We have also castrated our country by de-masculating our men with the glorification of the 'metro sexual' (i.e. the Pretty Boy). In the rush to not offend anyone added with the push to remove God from our lives, we have created our own Perfect Storm.

My question is, did we finally get what we wanted? I believe that God loves us as a people and a country. Our rich history is testimony to that fact. Anyone remember this piece of history 'In God we trust...' That had a lot to do with our uncanny success against all odds in the past. However, I think that if you push for something long enough with God - he will allow you to experience the consequences. Some call it judgment, but I like to think of it as life without God's protection. We have not known cataclysmic events on the scale of blockbuster Hollywood productions like the rest of the world....until this decade. We have lost a major city (New Orleans), had our wealth stripped away with the stock market and have now lost our place in the world as a leader. Countries, both friend and foe alike, now openly mock us for our roll in the financial melt down. How about that Tsunami a few years ago? Hundreds of thousands died, but could you imagine how much worse it would have been if something like that hit any of our coasts? Remove God from everything at your peril! I believe there is a reason why we have been seeing an increase in calamities in our country.

No offense to the ladies out there, but now is the time when real men need to stand up and proclaim that our countries direction is not right! Doing things our way without God's protection is simply a disaster in the making. The fabled silent majority of our country needs to tell the 10% that is screaming for attention and pushing agendas inconsistent with our beliefs to sit down and be quiet. Are you listening ACLU? Inaction simply is no longer an option. We have been given exactly what we want in government and in our business lives. God knows what is best for us, and it is obvious that our greedy - fallen ideals lead to disaster. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. We have been the top dog in business and power in the world, but keep trying to take more. The other countries have been watching our ascending power with jealousy and are now standing up in applause at our circumstances.

Ladies, behind every good man is a determined and supportive woman! You guys know how to properly motivate us off of the couch and to get busy. I for one would not be half the man I am without the support and love of my wife. We as a people, country and church need to stand up for what is right.

The thing is, we know what we need to do. We need to pray. We need to look up for answers instead of creating our own. We need to turn back to God. Most of all, we need to quit being sissies and letting others push strange rights on the lot of us. Does anyone else have a problem with the headlines proclaiming a 'man' became pregnant when really it is a woman with a Frankenstein operation? This is normal?

I finish by deferring to a REAL man:

Luke 6:46-49

Two Kinds of People (Jesus talking)

46 "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord', but do not do what I say? 47 I will show you what everyone is like who comes to me and hears my words and obeys. 48 That person is like a man building a house who dug deep and laid the foundation on rock. When the floods came, the water tried to wash the house away, but it could not shake it, because the house was built well. 49 But the one who hears my words and does not obey is like a man who built his house on the ground without a foundation. When the floods came, the house quickly fell and was completely destroyed"

New Century Version ( I like this translation )

Our "house", read country, has been completely destroyed. God helped us build it once and we can do it again. The price of ignoring Him is evident. Pray folks, we have a long painful road ahead of us...

Chad Nixon

2 comments:

  1. UGH your blog is so much cooler than mine! Looks great dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chad, great words! Thank you for taking a stand. You are a great communicator, with a much needed message! I look forward to more.

    ReplyDelete